Attention JPSS Data Users! (updated on 10/19/2023):
Now available! The reprocessed Sensor Data Records (SDR) for all instruments flown on S-NPP and reprocessed Temperature Data Records (TDR) for the ATMS instrument flown on S-NPP is now accessible via the CLASS web ordering system. The reprocessed data is located under their own data families listed on the drop down product menu. The date range which covers the reprocessing period for each instrument is:
- ATMS SDR/TDR (2011-11-08 - 2019-10-15) - The complete record is available under RPATMSSDR and RPATMSTDR
- CrIS SDR (2012-02-20 - 2020-01-29) - The complete record is available under RPCRISSDR
- OMPS SDR (2012-01-30 - 2020-05-30) - The complete record is available under RPOMPSSDR
- VIIRS SDR (2012-01-02 - 2020-04-30) - The complete record is available under RPVIIRSSDR
The operational data received after the reprocessed date ranges uses the latest version of the reprocessing algorithm.
Attention JPSS Users! (10/13/2023):
- Please note that in Spring of 2024 (TBD) all operational VIIRS Imagery Ellipsoid geolocation will be discontinued, except for the S-NPP (TBC) Ellipsoid geolocation for VIIRS M-Band imagery.
- The VIIRS SDR data going forward will be automatically packaged with Terrain Corrected Geolocation, while prior imagery data will be associated with Ellipsoid geolocation.
Attention JPSS Users! (Updated 10/10/2023):
Please note that data products from the NOAA-20 satellite should not be considered of operational maturity due to an anomaly over the weekend. The specific time periods that the data should not be considered operational is detailed below:
- CERES: 09/29/2023 19:00 UTC to 10/02/2023 17:00 UTC
- CrIS: 09/29/2023 19:00 UTC to 10/04/2023 00:00 UTC
- OMPS: 09/29/2023 19:00 UTC to 10/06/2023 19:00 UTC
- ATMS: 09/29/2023 19:00 UTC to 10/01/2023 20:45 UTC
- VIIRS: 09/29/2023 19:00 UTC to 10/01/2023 20:45 UTC
Attention JPSS Users! (6/30/2023):JPSS data was delayed due to a hardware issue. The delay was from 6/28/23 1445Z (10:45 AM) ET to 6/29/23 2000Z (4:00 PM ET). The data backlog is processing and should complete sometime 6/30/23.
Attention GOES Users! (4/20/2023):GOES-18 has been declared as the Operational GOES-West satellite since 1800 UTC, January 4, 2023 replacing GOES-17. See data and products under the GOES-R Series Families on the drop down list.
Attention JPSS Users. Start dates and times of NOAA-21 products now available to the public. (4/20/2023):
- ATMS Sensor Data Record: Dec 3, 2022 @23:49:55 UTC
- ATMS Temperature Data Record: Dec 3, 2022 @23:49:55 UTC
- CrIS Sensor Data Record Mar 23, 2023 @19:09:30 UTC
- VIIRS Sensor Data Record Mar 30, 2023 @00:10 UTC
- VIIRS Imagery Environmental Data Record: Mar 30, 2023 @00:10 UTC
For easy access to the most recent JPSS global daily tar files please go to ftp://ftp-jpss.avl.class.noaa.gov/ or https://download.avl.class.noaa.gov/download/jpss.
Also, be sure to review the maturity Readmes for any data issues and caveats on the STAR JPSS Algorithm Maturity Matrix website at https://www.star.nesdis.noaa.gov/jpss/AlgorithmMaturity.php.
Attention New CLASS Users! See tutorial on accessing data from CLASS (4/12/2018):
Please click on the following link to get step by step instructions on how to use CLASS to search and order data: https://www.avl.class.noaa.gov/notification/pdfs/CLASS%20Data%20Access%20Tutorial_042015.pdf.
If you have any questions or need assistance please submit an email to CLASS Help Desk.